Oar stops

I had the occasion to row a couple times this past week. The boat itself rows quite well but the oars needed some work. My attempt at turk’s head ropework stops for the oars failed so I made up these plywood rings and doweled them to the oars at the right spot. I used some PL Premium adhesive as well. The rings were easy to make by just cutting them out with two different sized holesaws. 🙂  The oars are not balanced well at all, and I’m first going to try wrapping some ankle weights around on the handle end to see if that helps.

Advertisements

About timsboats

Beginning hobby boat builder Wannabee sailor
This entry was posted in Sharpie build and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s