Lots more hours on the centerboard trunk today. My idea was to run the stringer down the middle of the height of the trunk. (if that makes sense)
I drilled the 2″ holes first, then split the thing down the middle. The aft ends hang over to support the middle of the thwart there. Another two piece thwart (half each side of the trunk) goes up front where the stringer is solid. Those seats will be pretty narrow, but usable,I think. The series of holes will give me places to tie stuff in. I’ve got the most of it “squared in” today – I’ll be rounding over lots of edges next. It all needs to come back out, get rounded, epoxy on the stringers and such, and then reinstalled with epoxy for good. That will wait until I get the frames and thwarts fitted. The opening at the aft top of the trunk is for that part of the centerboard to stick up through. Check out the plan and you’ll see it there.
Then I took a few minutes to check everything out with the laser level. Looking good 🙂