I worked on the skeg today. I have plenty of one inch thick DF so I laminated a skeg blank. –Then, I’m thinking I’ll make a pattern from a piece of 1/4″ plywood, fit it to the rocker of the boat, and trace that on my blank. Cut it out and do the final fitting from there. Would have been less work using a wider board on edge, but this wood was free and I’m trying to keep the budget under control. Plus – I’m hoping the vertical grain will eliminate any tendancy of cupping in the skeg.
After the glue up I played around with marking the waterline on the out side of the hull. You can see the crazy setup I used, but it worked for me. I’ll figure out a way to connect the dots later on.
All told so far I’ve got about 80 hours into the project.
And about $240